ICAA Conference and Trade Show: Ignite your wellness culture
Long Beach Hyatt and Long Beach Convention Center,
Long Beach, California,
October 18-20, 2018
This October, participate in an event that will spark ideas. Fuel growth. Build collaboration. And more than anything, ignite your future and the future of active aging.
Step away from the day-to-day at this year's International Council on Active Aging Conference. Connect with your colleagues and reinvigorate yourself—mind, body and spirit—with a more holistic learning and networking experience.
From preconference workshops to special events to general and regular sessions, delve into an educational program developed with our industry's needs and goals in mind. Topics target the varied roles, settings, client functional levels, and challenges found in active aging. One seminar stream, for example, focuses on discovering the future of such key influencers as technology, marketing, community design, older female consumers, and more. Included are "Open Space" sessions that'll allow you and other attendees to drive the discussion, share your knowledge and innovate solutions.
At the ICAA Conference 2018, you'll join a conference community that learns with and from each other. You'll have more opportunities and locations for networking—from informal mixing at the coffee bar to the event's "brain dating." Plus you'll access an expo of products and services targeted to active aging, featuring exhibitors committed to your success with the older adult. Investigate solutions in technology, equipment, services, transportation, dining, leasing and financing. All in an environment focused on healthy, active aging.
Highlights • new formats for learning • more robust educational programs • greater sense of community • improved networking opportunities • targeted trade show •
A platform to shape the industry
The ICAA Conference is your platform not only to focus on the future of the industry, but to engage in shaping it. Beyond what you'll gain by attending, there's what you'll be able to give.
Immerse yourself in an interactive design forum focused on products and services. By contributing real-world input in this Design Lab session, you'll help industry partners design effective products and services that address all functional levels and the future needs of your clients. Collaborate with colleagues to ensure our industry seizes opportunities and drives change. Share your knowledge and ideas to inspire others to reach new levels of understanding and improve quality of life for older adults. New milestones await.
Share in the excitement. Bring yourself. Bring your team. Enjoy an experience that reenergizes your passion and helps put emerging trends into action. Do more than glimpse the future of active aging. Help ignite it!
Six reasons to attend
- The presentations are always exceptional in quality and content
- The experience energizes and refreshes you with new purpose
- The knowledge you gain is a win for you and your company
- The networking opportunities lead to new ideas and resources
- The topics are relevant and meaty
- The continuing education units (CEUs) are offered by key providers.
Who will benefit from this experience?
- CEOs, presidents, vice presidents, owners
- Wellness directors, program directors, activities directors
- Executive directors, administrators, board members
- Sales and marketing personnel
- Developers and architects
- Resident life executives, resident services personnel
- Dining services directors, dining services staff
- Fitness instructors, personal trainers, health educators
- Social workers, chaplains
- Physicians, nutritionists/dietitians, therapists
- Researchers, professors
- Resident advisory councils
Industries represented at the ICAA Conference
- CCRCs/Life plan communities
- Independent living, assisted living, memory care
- Seniors centers, Area Agencies on Aging or cities/Parks and recreation
- Medical fitness, rehab, therapy providers and wellness center
- Health clubs/YMCAs/JCCs
"I didn't think it could get any better but it did. There was a good balance between those presenting from the academic and research areas, and those who were hands on and working in the field. As usual I came away with new ways to improve my existing classes, and ideas for a few new and interesting ones."
Oris Martin, ACTS Retirement Life Communities