Sit back in the comfort of your office and enjoy ICAA educational programs delivered to you via webinar. These broadcasts are specifically created for active-aging professionals – business owners, managers, suppliers, wellness and activities personnel. Through interviews or individual-speaker sessions, you will be exposed to the opinions of top experts from a variety of subject areas designed to help you and your staff stay on top of trends, meet new challenges and serve your customers better.
When: Thursday, August 11
10 am Pacific, 11 am Mountain, 12 noon Central, 1:00 pm Eastern
To register today, click here.
Sponsors: Abbott; Aegis Therapies, EnerG by Aegis; CaptionCall; Nestle Skin Health; SwimEx
Description: Simplify your planning for Active Aging Week by using free Theme Day resources to deliver programs that educate and inspire. The overall theme of Active Aging Week 2016 is “Explore the possibilities,” and you will find plenty of resources to do that, courtesy of the Active Aging Week sponsors. Get ready to view and download!
• Hearing health is the focus of the “I just called to say” program from CaptionCall. Register for a short presentation on hearing loss/hearing health and a mini-expo featuring games, a raffle, refreshments and a live phone demo.
• Skin health is important year-round. Use the PowerPoint and talking points to explain how skin changes as we age and how to Get Skin Health Smart with a six-day education plan, handouts and quizzes from Nestle Skin Health.
• Yoga in the water is an immersive experience outlined in the AquaYoga Guide from SwimEx, featuring yoga postures and a guided meditation. Watch the video to see how a class progresses, with some participants on land and others in the pool.
• Emphasize nutrition by presenting the PowerPoint on Eat Healthy, Stay Strong that explains how healthy eating can help counteract muscle loss and malnutrition. Abbott Nutrition provides handouts, articles and lots of links to community resources.
• The WALK! with Aegis Therapies event covers six days, each of which features a dimension of wellness. Download the participant guide and register for free resources on planning and managing your week.
For the theme days, visit the Active Aging Week website
Who will benefit:
• New hosts of Active Aging Week events
• Veteran hosts who are looking for new ideas and events
• Planning committee members
• Program, wellness and activities directors
Length: 60 minutes
Copyright 2001-2016 © ICAA Services Inc. All rights reserved.