Author, entrepreneur, public speaker and industry leader
Colin Milner is CEO of the International Council on Active Aging and founder of the active-aging industry in North America. Milner is also a leading authority on the health and well-being of the older adult, and has been recognized by the World Economic Forum as one of "the most innovative and influential minds" in the world on aging-related topics.
An award-winning writer, Milner has authored more than 300 articles. He has been published in such journals as Global Policy, and the Annual Review of Gerontology and Geriatrics. He also contributed a chapter to the World Economic Forum book Global Population Ageing: Peril or Promise?
Milner's speeches have stimulated thousands of business and government leaders, industry professionals and older adults worldwide.
Whether Fortune 500 companies, or governmental organizations, Milner's efforts have inspired a broad spectrum of groups to seek his counsel, include amongst these:
- World Health Organization
- The World Economic Forum's Global Agenda Council on Aging
- WEF Think Tank: Preparing for Prosperous Longevity in Asia
- World Economic Forum Expert Network
- Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
- White House Conference on Aging
- US Department of Health and Human Services
- US Administration on Aging
- National Institute on Aging
- The Canadian Minister of State (Seniors)
- Canadian Special Senate Committee on Aging
- The Canadian Minister of State (Finance)
- Vancouver Olympic Committee
- BC Ministry of Healthy Living and Sport
- National Health Services Scotland.
- The Informal Meeting of the European Union Ministers of Sport
- European Commission
- 4th International Strategy Conference on Safety and Health at Work (Germany)
- Shanghai Forum
- New Balance
- Ernst and Young
Milner has been received the CanFitPro Association "Lifetime Achievement Award" for his contributions to the Canadian fitness industry. He is also recognized as one Canada's Top 100 Health Influencers by Optimize Magazine, and as one of the "Who's Who" in the Fitness Industry, by Club Industry Magazine. Milner's tireless efforts have leading-edge publications, television networks and radio stations seeking his insights. Among these outlets are: CNN, US News and World Report, Newsweek, Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Chicago Tribune, Dow Jones Market Watch, Money Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, WebMD, The National Post, Globe and Mail, Parade Magazine, and Fox Business Radio.