2010 press releases
ICAA-TV makes its debut
[Back to releases]
New open-access service to build knowledge and expertise in active-aging
VANCOUVER--The International Council on Active Aging (ICAA), a professional association that leads, connects and defines the active-aging industry, has today launched ICAA-TV. This new online service focuses on the health and well-being of both adults ages 50 and older and the organizations that cater to this age group. With ICAA-TV, users will gain access to streaming video interviews with experts, and news from industry suppliers. Users will also be able to share their news, knowledge and expertise by posting videos at www.icaa.tv.
This week’s offerings on ICAA-TV include:
ICAA TODAY CHANNEL
- Featured interview: Dr. Debra Rose, professor in the Division of Kinesiology and Health Science and co-director of the Center for Successful Aging, California State University, Fullerton. Dr. Rose works in the area of falls risk reduction programming.
- Dr. Stephen Lord tackles falling.
- Dr. Vicky Scott shares her insight into fall prevention.
- Dr. Andrew Carle explores Nana technology.
- Dr. Roger Landry's conversation: a spiritual masterpiece.
- Dr. Kevin O'Neil shares his view on optimal aging and wellness.
- Dr. David Gobble talks about the emerging trend of brain fitness
- Dick Ambrosius shares his brand-building techniques.
ICAA REPORTER NEWS AND VIEWS
- ICAA award-winner's program is out of this world.
- Todd Harff on "Untangling the Web."
ACTIVE AGING ON YOUTUBE
- MIT AgeLab and Dr. Joe Coughlin profiled on Fox News.
- Late Late Show host Craig Ferguson talks about youth and marketing.
- Can we learn from Kaiser Permanente's Thrive TV ad?
- Sodexo shares wellness philosophy.
- Merit Property Management, your partner in aging.
- SilverSneakers brings the market directly to you.
- 30 -
About the International Council on Active Aging (ICAA)
ICAA, a professional association that leads, connects and defines the active-aging industry, supports professionals who develop wellness facilities, programs and services for adults over 50. The association is focused on active aging—an approach to aging that helps older adults live life as fully as possible within all dimensions of wellness—and provides its members with education, information, resources and tools. As an active-aging educator and advocate, ICAA has advised numerous organizations and governmental bodies, including the US Administration on Aging, the National Institute on Aging (one of the US National Institutes of Health), the US Department of Health and Human Services, Canada’s Special Senate Committee on Aging, and the British Columbia ministries of Health, and Healthy Living and Sport.
For interviews please contact:
Contact: Colin Milner, CEO, ICAA
Toll-free: 1-866-335-9777 (North America)
Telephone: 604-734-4466; cell: 604-763-4595
Contact: Marilynn Larkin
Communications Director, ICAA