Leaping across a program plateau by Lisa Bloder and Melissa Bossert
As the pages of the calendar turn, we program directors/wellness coordinators/
resident lifestyle facilitators/activity directors find ourselves struggling to come up with ways to keep events and programs fresh for our residents and clients throughout the year.
You may find yourself saying some or all of the following:
· We did that last year.
· We’re struggling to come up with new ideas.
· Participation has decreased.
· People will not want to participate in that event/program.
· The skill level is too high for that hands-on project.
· There is too much walking on that trip.
· Because it is a holiday month, we have to celebrate that holiday.
· That will be too much legwork. Where do we start?
· Been there, done that!