ICAA COVID-19 Senior Living Task Force
To will generate and provide ideas, tactics, strategies and messaging suggestions that organizations can consider as they begin to emerge from a period of quarantine and plan for a new post-COVID era. This includes, but is not limited to, the impact of the built and virtual environments, social activities and food/beverage services, technology, education and security that impacts the health and well-being of staff and residents; challenges to current and future business models; and approaches to build confidence in living in and visiting senior living properties.
Areas of focus
- Brainstorm and conceptualize innovative and timely approaches to optimize the health and wellness of residents and staff (with particular attention, but not limited to, COVID-related safety precautions), and
- Explore the new post-COVID value proposition of your organization and how to best communicate it to the public.
Colin Milner, Founder and CEO, International Council on Active Aging
Ken Dychtwald, Founder and CEO, Age Wave
Richard Carmona, MD, 17th Surgeon General of the United States, Chief of Health Innovations at Canyon Ranch
The ICAA COVID-19 Senior Living Task Force includes representatives of for-profit, not-for-profit, and affordable housing—organizations providing active-adult and independent living, continuing care/life plan communities, assisted living, long-term care, skilled nursing and rehabilitation along with representatives from the industry associations and the suppliers that support their work.
Task force kick-off meeting agenda
Click here to download full agenda
Welcome: Commit to creating a path forward
Colin Milner, Co-Chair, CEO, ICAA
Opening session: The next age of aging: challenges and opportunities
Ken Dychtwald, CEO, AgeWave.
Discussion: COVID-19: Healthwise, where are we now and where do we go from here?
Dr. Richard Carmona, 17th Surgeon General of the United States, Chief of Health Innovations, Canyon Ranch and Ken Dychtwald, CEO, AgeWave.
Discussion: Creating the optimal physical environment for health and wellness.
Barbara Spurrier, Managing Director, Well Living Lab, Paul Scialla, CEO, Delos and Founder, IWBI and Ken Dychtwald, CEO, AgeWave.
Discussion: Our value proposition: past present and future, and how we communicate about it.
Bob Kramer, President, Nexus Insights and Ken Dychtwald, CEO, AgeWave.
Ken Dychtwald, CEO, AgeWave.
Bob Kramer, President, Nexus Insights and Ken Dychtwald, CEO, AgeWave & Colin Milner, CEO, International Council on Active Aging.
Task force supporting members
- About us
- About us Mission and vision Founder Advisors Contact us
- Press Press releases ICAA research ICAA events Member profile Media contact
- Beacon awards
- Membership ICAA 100 Organization Corporate partner Individual
- Advertise & exhibit
- Advertise & exhibit In-print Online In-person Initiatives Corporate partner Member profile Industry profile Sales leads Editorial Specifications
- Meetings & Expo
- ICAA conference & Expo Executive Summit ICAA Forums Virtual Summits Webinars
- Consumer information
- Welcome back to fitness Information guides Walking center
- Research Reports White papers Industry benchmarks Research Review Scientific research Infographics Glossary of terms
- On-demand education
- Virtual Summits Webinars Videos
- Active aging/wellness
- Active aging/wellness Wellness model Principles of Active Aging Continuum of physical function
- Business tools
- Business tools Wellness model Business case for wellness Principle of Active Aging Continuum of physical function Staff competencies Career path Executive think tanks
- Online resources
- Products & services Facility locator Career development center Newsletter Blogs Industry news
- ICAA initiatives
Active Aging Week
Changing the Way
- Courses Foundation for Wellness Leadership in Wellness Management